Dropped and Unraveled

Sunday, October 01, 2006

I keep forgetting to tell you!

I wasn't going to post today. I have been knitting, so I have something to show you. I just keep forgetting to take the pictures. I've been working on the sweater on the cover or Big Girl Knits exclusively for the past few days now. I started it ages ago, and would pick it up and work a couple rows at night before I fell asleep, and it's added up. I've finished the back and most of the front, I should be able to cast on for the sleeves tomorrow if I don't get distracted. I'm knitting this in Knit Picks Merino Style in Storm, a really pretty deep blue with just a hint of green. Very similar to the color of the sweater in the book. I'm so original. Just imagine all the pretty pictures here. While you're at it, imagine me modeling the pieces about 50 pound lighter. Haha.

I didn't intend to use this yarn for this pattern, but I randomly decided I didn't want to think as hard as the original intended pattern wanted me to, and I wanted to test knit this for my sister's Christmas gift, so it sorta jumped on the needles without asking. I really like this yarn, it's lush and squishy feeling, and not at all pilly. Hopefully I'll have a finished sweater to model before the end of the week.

I've been on a finishing kick recently, digging back into the abandoned project pile and remembering why I loved them. This is not a good time for this kind of activity. I have new projects lined up with a deadline in about two months. I cannot get nostalgic about the soy silk clapotis, or the Trekking XXL socks. I could work on the Wisconsin Winter Stole, since it's for Mom's Christmas. Maybe I'll finish that next to get the nostalgia out of my system...

2 Comments:

Blogger xvii_thestar said...

mmm sounds pretty!

8:53 PM  
Blogger *~*Katy*~* said...

The sweater sounds (and looks) adorable! Sorry you're not feeling nostaglic about the socks or the soy silk thingy. Is it just me or does "clapotis" seem like a wordy dird?

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home