Dropped and Unraveled

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Hi, I'm bored!

So, I have nothing new to share with you today. Well, not nothing, but not much at any rate. I went to the yarn shop today, and all i bought was two balls of DK weight alpaca in purple and two size 5 24" addi turbos (my ammunition for Sock Wars). The real excitement was taking one of my recent recruits to her first "real" yarn store. (Hint: A real yarn store is not located in a discount or department store and will not carry Red Heart.) It was like letting a 5 year old loose in a candy store. She tried to be everywhere, forgot what she came in for, bought something totally on impulse, and nearly cried from the joy of it all. I warned her about the pure sensory overload that is a good yarn store, but she didn't believe me. Guess that taught her.

Tomorrow will probably be a more interesting post, as I have decided to take your advice and make the SVfH jealous. I'll kill two birds with one stone and make some practice socks for Sock Wars. I'm trying two at once on two circs for the first time, so it could be time for another knitting related injury.

ETA: Andrea, the next purple alpaca socks are yours!

3 Comments:

Blogger xvii_thestar said...

Ooooo she musta been orgasmic... I remember my first trip to the lys. I was rubbing the alpaca. I still have a major fetish for chunky baby alpaca yarn.... tis my favorite.

I actually bought my first pair of non malwart knitting needles today. Ooo me proud.

Purple alpaca socks you say?! Who do I have to kill and steal them from? I want! BWAHAHAHAHA

P.S. I'm making frog shiskebob al carbon later. Wanna help?

8:02 PM  
Blogger xvii_thestar said...

purple alpaca... must... steal... purple... alpaca...

9:40 PM  
Blogger xvii_thestar said...

No post? EGADS!... It is Thursday and no update on project make SVfH jealous!

heheh I imagine you've been rolling in yarn all day or something fun.

12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home