Dropped and Unraveled

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Stuff and things

I finally hooked up my camera, so I have things to post about! First, I got a terrific package in the mail on Tuesday. My Hurricane sock pal outdid herself, I was squeeing the entire time I was unwrapping all the little bundles.

Here we have, in list form:

A copy of Charmed Knits (already made a house stripe beret from here, totally worth it if you're thinking about getting it)

Weavers Wool quarters in Clearwater, a lovely blend of blues

A pair of purple size 9 straight needles

A set of size 1 Lantern Moon double points (squeeeee!)

A set of needle holder charms with clovers

A kacha counter (I'm considering getting this permanently attached)

Marine themed scrapbook stuff (perfect for my Ode to Hubby book)

The Mom mood monitor ( kinda like a mood ring magnet, Hubby is gonna get a kick out of this)

Snacks: Two boxes of Slim Jims (the best of cheap jerky, love it), Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans (not brave enough to try these yet), and Jelly Slugs (hehe)

And best of all, Rock and Weave Socks from Socks that Rock in the Farmhouse colorway! I can hardly wait to get started! Thank you so much to Jen, you're amazing!


Be still my heart, is that a finished object? Why yes, these are the first of four sets of Harry Potter dragon socks. These are in the Hungarian Horntail colorway from Sunshine Yarns (look for them on Etsy, totally worth it). The pattern is Here There Be Dragons (available online, I suck at linking even if my old computer hadn't eaten it).

Here they are again, lounging with my just finished House scarf and beret (book Ravenclaw, thank you very much).

It's been a very HP update, hasn't it? No worries, I only have one more current Potter project, and it's been put on hold until I finish a pair of socks for my great aunt. At least, I say it is. Anyone believe that it will stay that way?

3 Comments:

Blogger xvii_thestar said...

WOW cool package of goodies! I still owe you a box of stuffs. I keep forgetting to mail it. D'oh! Good thing I know you have the harry potter knitting book. I was gonna send you that for your birthday. LOL I guess great minds DO think alike!

2:16 PM  
Blogger *~*Katy*~* said...

Ooooo HP knitting book? *drools* I think that this Jen person is awesome beyond all belief, just for the record. Rock on Jen! Love the socks...I can't see the other stuff too well, but it all looks AWESOME! Lub you!

9:29 AM  
Blogger xvii_thestar said...

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

UUUUUUUUUUUUP

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASI

*poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke poke *

1:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home