Dropped and Unraveled

Sunday, June 03, 2007

I'm getting so old!

My oldest son lost his first two teeth this week. I got to play tooth fairy for the first time. It's cute and amazing and depressing at the same time. Now the younger one is walking around trying to get his teeth to wiggle so he can be just like Bubba.

I caught them being really sweet tonight at bedtime. I tucked them into separate beds, and when I came back they were both in the same bed, and sharing a book while the oldest read aloud. Why don't they ever do things like that when they know i'm looking?

I'm still dealing with the needy and forlorn, but I've started to accept that those are the types of people that are drawn to me. It could be worse. I could be needy and forlorn, instead of passive-aggressive and determinedly cheerful.

3 Comments:

Blogger xvii_thestar said...

Awwwww darn midgets being cute. :)

As for the needy and forlorn, just because they're drawn to you doesn't mean you have to put up with them. In fact, most likely the reason they ARE drawn to you IS the fact that you'll put up with them. Yes, it is better to be cheerfully passive aggressive than needy and forlorn, but still... not the greatest place to be.

On the upside, at least you don't attract psychotic violent stalker type creeps like moi. :D (wonder what that says about me.... O.O )

:D

4:50 PM  
Blogger *~*Katy*~* said...

LOL @ Andrea's comment and AWW was he all excited about the tooth fairy? That is just too cute! How sweet of "Bubba" to read his li'l brother a story! Which one was it? Maybe they don't do that cause they want to appear tough whenever possible?? Who knows? Sorry about needy and forlorn people stalking you! My parents do that to me and they're pretty darn needy and forlorn! Then again, I tend to be disturbingly chipper most of the time, so it's possible that you and I give off a similar vibe. I hate to admit it, but I've noticed that I'm becoming more and more like them. EEEK! Someone make it stop! LOL I miss talking to ya', girly...hope to catch you tonight! Love ya'!!!

6:50 PM  
Blogger *~*Katy*~* said...

By the way...you are SO not getting old! Cause if you're getting old then so am I and um...NO! LOL

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home