Dropped and Unraveled

Friday, October 13, 2006

Catching up

So I kinda forgot about updating and all those pictures I promised. Hey, I warned ya, I'm a flake. I did get pictures though. Granted, some of them were taken about 5 minutes ago after someone reminded me, but you will have pictures!


First the blue sweater. It is finished and being modeled for you here for the first time. I love it, but I'm glad I added 4 inches to the ribbing at the bottom. I have more there than the original allowed for. I also shortened the sleeves about an inch to a long three-quarter length. I'm gonna wear this as soon as the weather cools down enough.


I also wanted to show off my late roses. These are on the bush my hubby gave me for Mother's Day this year, and they bloomed just in time for my birthday later this month.



I started the sweater for Nick again, but I just could not get the original pattern to do what I wanted, so I switched. Now all my boys will be getting Ripley from Knitty's Summer '05 issue. It's just zipping along, and everyone who sees it keeps telling me how cute it is. It's rated as an advanced pattern, and I agree to a point. The cables are complex, and you have to be pretty confident in your math skills to start, but it's really not all that bad. I can't wait to start the next one.

I got this yarn in the mail yesterday, and I just couldn't wait to cast on for some socks. It's Monster Mash Instant Gratification Superwash from Hill Country Yarns. I'm knitting it in the official Sock of Doom pattern to keep my hand in. These are my no thought required knitting for computer time and other braindead moments. It's soft and yummy, and the socks are going to be so thick and warm.

In other Sock Wars news, guess what landed in my mailbox today!
I live still! These are unfinished socks to kill off my next target. They were sent to me without the toe of the first sock and the second unstarted, so I got my needles out and started knitting. They look sorta purple here, but they're more pink in person. The yarn in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Wisteria. I will not be buying this yarn for personal use. It feels stringy, and it tends to make my hands hurt, plus the color is not really a favorite of mine. Good thing I have to knit them as fast as I can and send them on, because if i had to keep them I'd bury them in the Bad Project Pile. I'm aiming for a Monday morning mailout. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home