Dropped and Unraveled

Sunday, September 17, 2006

An Update: SVfH

I am still working on the Sweater Vest from Hell. I have not ripped out the whole thing and lit a ceremonial bonfire in the backyard. It actually looks nice now. I feel the need to tell everyone this, because of a conversation I had with my Dad yesterday.

Dad: So, what are you doing?
Me: Knitting on your Christmas present.
Dad: How is that coming along.
Me: I just ripped it out the one time. It looks better now.
Dad: So are you about finished?
Me: Nah, about halfway. A couple more inches and I divide for the armholes.
Dad: Not gonna rip it out and start over?
Me: No, if this doesn't work out I'm gonna burn it.
So, an update for Dad. You still get a Christmas present. So far.
In other news, I talked to my Hubby today. He's still alive and in Iraq. He wants to spend money. I guess it's only fair, since he's earning it all. I am delaying sending a picture of all the yarn and stuff I bought. I'd like to still be married when he comes home. Just remember, honey, I'm knitting you a sweater! Next update: how much yarn can I buy in 2 months without someone to tell me no.

3 Comments:

Blogger *~*Katy*~* said...

Still being married is good. What is he going to spend money on in Iraq? Wait...nevermind...I don't want to know.

9:51 PM  
Blogger xvii_thestar said...

Hmmmm well he could get Cassi a Burqa (ya know... one of those big black cloaky dress things arab women wear) I suppose.

As for the sweater vest, my condolences on the hideousness but

I am very glad to hear that it is now looking pretty and has not yet been burned. LOL I suppose if all else fails you could get your dad an electic mug warmer or something like that. Maybe you could knit him a nice set of golf club covers? LOL

2:16 PM  
Blogger xvii_thestar said...

p.s. Cassi, I fixed the timestamp on your blog so it actually works in central time. If you'd prefer, I can set it to eastern time. Just lemme know. :)

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home